So you’re curious about buying an inversion table? Me too! No it’s not a torture device, and no it’s not some sort of Nasa anti-gravity astronaut training device. But that would be kinda cool, huh?An inversion table is actually an effective resource to elongate the spine, stretch the back muscles and alleviate ongoing back pain. Sounds great to me! Inversion therapy boasts a range of other ‘magical’ benefits too (did someone say anti-ageing?), but enough with the talking and on with the shopping. The most basic requirement of an inversion table is to tilt your body at various angles, positioning your head lower than your feet to relieve the pull of gravity – that’s all you need to start feeling back relief. So why are there so many different models?
Now you’re probably thinking: Which is the best inversion table? Which one do I buy? Well, I’m wondering the same thing. I always look at safety and stability first, since I don’t want to invest in something that’s going to drop me while I’m upside-down. Ouch. Some other points to consider when it comes to inversion table shopping are the price, the comfort on both back and ankles and ease of use.
The 10 Best Selling Inversion Tables:
- An adjustable headrest pad with large and comfortable padded backrest
- Our new Patent Pending protective cover
- Five (5) position adjustable safety pin for easy positioning and safer inverting over strap systems
- True balance system for easy inverting with ergonomical ankle holding system
- Accommodates users 4ft-10in to 6ft-6in with a 300 lbs weight capacity
- Sturdy inversion table for reducing back stress and stimulating circulation
- Tubular steel frame, memory-foam nylon backrest, and powder-coated finish
- Tough rubber non-skid floor stabilizers; inverts up to 180 degrees
- Ergonomically molded ankle cushions; Folds for storage; measures 26 x 65 x 49 inches (W x H x D);
- Product Weight - 75 pounds, Carton Weight - 85 pounds, Weight Capacity - Supports up to 350 pounds.
- Sturdy, multi-angle, user-height adjustable inversion table with soft foam padded backrest
- Heavy duty 1.5-inch square steel frame with 300-pound weight capacity
- Extra-long, full loop safety handle bars and adjustable tether strap for safe and easy inversion adjustment and return to upright
- Foam rollers and ankle cushions hold ankles safely and comfortably; easy pull pin release
- Height adjustable for users from 4 feet, 10 inches to 6 feet, 6 inches tall
- Isolated Heat and Vibration Therapeutic massage Inversion with adjustable lumbar pad
- Multi mode massage settings with auto and manual selection for a complete massage experience
- Large Energy Foam Comfort Backrest and padded removable head pillow, with Soft Touch Foam Handles
- 4-Position Adjustable Safety Pin for easy positioning and safer inverting over old strap systems
- Accommodates users 4ft-10in to 6ft- 6in, Heavy Duty 300 lbs weight capacity
- Accommodates users up to 300 pounds in weight and from 4'10" to 6'6" in height
- Foldable, heavy-duty steel frame with non-skid feet
- Adjustable padded ankle supports, extra-long padded handles
- Full inversion; unit inverts completely upside down
- Includes instruction manual
- Accommodates users up to 300 pounds in weight and from 5'1" to 6'6" in height
- New and improved adjustable inversion depth bolt design is safer than old strap systems
- Adjustable padded ankle supports, extra-long soft grip handles
- Foldable, heavy-duty steel frame with non-skid feet
- Inversion table includes instruction manual and tools
- DURABLE DESIGN- Premium inversion table is constructed of a heavy-duty steel frame and easy to clean, removable nylon pads
- EASY INVERTING- A 3 position roller hinge and comfortable, padded ankle clamps provides control for rotation
- ADJUSTABLE TABLE HEIGHT- Adjustable user height range from 4'10" - 6' 6"
- HEALTH BENEFITS- Relieve stress and pressure on lower back, discs, and nerve roots. Inversion therapy also increases blood flow to your lower spine, aids body flexibility, and helps in improving posture
- SPACE-SAVING EQUIPMENT- Table folds for easy storage after use; Table Dimensions:19"(W) x 43.5"(H); Stand Dimensions: 46.5"(L) x 26.5"(W) x 42.5"(H); Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- Upgraded with accessories designed to maximize convenience and inversion benefits
- Included Acupressure nodes, lumbar bridge, and neck arch add healing pressure and enhanced support
- Extra-long stretch max handles provide assistance; storage caddy allows for convenient storage
- 300 lb, 6'6 inch user capacity; 5-year Warranty
- Instructional DVD with 5 healthy back routines and healthy back & core guide included
- Home inversion table for adding extra crunch to exercises and relief from back stress
- Foam vinyl covered backrest, comfortable for the head and back when inverting
- Combination foam roller and ankle cushions to hold ankles securely and safely
- Extra-long safety handles provide easy return to the upright position
- Measures 57 x 27 x 46.4 inches (HxWxD); 275-pound weight capacity
- 6 Functions in one, versatile home fitness tower
- Multi-angle inversion table adjusts to user height
- Power Tower has 5 exercise options
- Arm rests have removable, washable pads
- Padded cushions with foam rollers secure ankles comfortably
The Best Inversion Tables:
If you’ve ‘been there, done that’ with inversion therapy and you’re looking to expand your inversions with more advanced workouts and stretches, you might want to take a look at tables with special accessories and features to help you customize your therapy. Luckily, the wide range of inversion tables out there means there is something for everyone.To help us in our inversion table shopping, here’s a collection of inversion table reviews. I’ve searched far and wide to come up with this list of the best inversion tables – each one features a different benefit. Let’s find the right one for you!
Most Affordable Inversion Table (that’s not a piece of junk): Pro Deluxe Fitness Inversion Table
Ringing in at a substantially lower price than competing tables, the Pro Deluxe Fitness Inversion Table is remarkably affordable and still avoids being cheap. Don’t look for any flashy features or unique designs on this baby, but this basic model does boast an extremely sturdy frame. The Pro Deluxe Fitness Table holds up to 300 lbs (that’s more than other budget inversion tables), and comfortably accommodates anyone up to 6’6” with its adjustable height feature. The tubular steel frame sits on stabilizing rubber feet, so you’re not going to slip or slide or wobble.
While The Pro Deluxe Fitness Inversion Table beats others in price, where it does lack somewhat is in comfort. It’s no torture chamber, but you just won’t find much padding on the stretched nylon backrest. You’ll probably want to wear sturdy shoes or add some cushion to the ankle supports. I wouldn’t say this table is ‘not-comfortable,’ just not as comfy as others. But if you’re looking for basic inversion therapy a few times a day, you can rely on this Pro Deluxe to get the job done. There’s no reason you shouldn’t feel the same great results on your back with the Pro Deluxe Fitness, and for less than half the price of most other tables.
Runner Ups for Affordable Inversion Tables that still pack some quality:
- Emer Deluxe Padded Foldable Inversion Table – stable, comfortable and a great well-rounded table for it’s price.
- Exerpeutic Inversion Table with Comfort Foam Backrest – completely wobble-free, this sturdy and affordable table even adds a layer of padded foam on the backrest.
Best Inversion Table with Bang – for – Your – Buck: Emer Deluxe Padded Foldable Inversion Table
Sitting nicely towards the bottom of the inversion table price scale, this reasonably priced table packs a well-rounded repertoire of affordability, comfort, durability and style. The Emer Deluxe Padded Foldable Inversion Table is one of those rare tables that actually doesn’t resemble an ironing board – the ABS plastic backrest is flexible and ergonomically shaped to match the curve of your spine. And hey, for the low price they’ve even thrown a detachable lumbar support pillow in there for you.
The ankle supports are neither remarkably comfortable nor tragically uncomfortable, but they do boast a convenient feature. The extra long handle can be easily reached while you’re still propped against the table – that means less bending and pulling to adjust your ankles support before inversion. The only negative I can think to say about this inversion table is that the assembly process can take some intuition and some patience, but after that you’re left with a reliable, comfortable and surprisingly high-quality inversion table for a great price!
Runner Up for Best Mid-Range Inversion Tables:
- Ironman Gravity 1000 – this inversion table hits the low / mid price range and reflects the quality of the Ironman brand – decent ankle supports and a sturdy structure.
Best Inversion Table for Advanced Inversion Therapy: Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 Ltd Inversion Table
A name-brand inversion table for a reason, the Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 spikes in price but offers a selection of unique features and accessories to help you expand your inversion practice for years to come. You’ll notice a lot of ‘bonuses’ included in this table, like a bonus lumbar support arch, bonus acupuncture nodes for customizable pressure on your back muscles and a bonus DVD with follow-along workout instructions. I do love me some good bonus prizes. Plus, the Teeter Hang Ups model offers special design features that are totally unique to Teeter: the table uses a secure lock to remain stable in inversion so you can easily practice inverted crunches and more. Plus, in a full 90 degree inversion, you’re left free to hang completely away from the table for a fully-realized inversion stretch – this is unique to the Teeter Hang Ups tables.
Besides all the bonus, the Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 is a sturdy, quality table for users up to 300 lbs and as tall as 6’6”. The Ergo Embrace ankle supports are a major bonus with this model, since they’re designed to relieve as much pressure as possible during inversion. Plus, the Teeter performs well in smooth movement and accurate balance, so returning to upright is as easy as lowering your arm.
The Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 is definitely one of the pricier products, but the quality, technology and range of advanced accessories means you’re paying more for a reason.
Runner Up for Best Inversion Tables:
- When it comes to add-ons, accessories and bonuses, the Teeter Hang Ups is in a league of it’s own.
Most Comfortable Inversion Table: Ironman Gravity 4000
Memory foam back cushions, lumbar support, ergonomically shaped ankle cups – the Ironman Gravity 4000 makes effective efforts toward comfort to improve your inverting experience. Relaxation is a major benefit of inversion, after all, so why should you sacrifice comfort? This table comes at a slightly higher cost than other models, but you’ll see the different in comfort and convenience of use.
If the 2.5 inch memory foam back cushion isn’t considerate enough, this table also features a convenient ratchet design for your ankle supports – the long handle means less bending to adjust your ankles. The sturdy metal frame supports 300lbs, padded foam handlebars help you return to upright and nylon sidings protect your fingers from getting pinched.
Runner Ups for Comfortable Inversion Tables:
- Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 Ltd Inversion Table – while this table is more expensive than the Ironman 4000, it has to be mentioned in the comfort section because of those beloved Ergo Embrace ankle supports.
- Emer Deluxe Padded Foldable Inversion Table– this table sits at the affordable end of the price budget, but for a lower price you still get some comfort – particularly in the ergonomically curved backrest.
So what’s the best inversion table?
Honestly, the answer to that question is all about you. Think about exactly what you’re looking for. When it comes to price, comfort and quality, there’s a different winning inversion table in each of those categories. While the Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 is high quality and packed with unique features, it leaves something to be desired in the high cost. More affordable tables like the Pro Deluxe Fitness Inversion Table or the Emer Deluxe Padded Foldable Inversion Table offer the same pain-relieving results, but they miss out on some innovative designs and comfort.
It’s all about finding the balance and prioritizing what you want out of your inversion therapy. Luckily, we’ve got some great inversion table reviews to help you dig a little deeper into each specific model.